ok, so maybe i lost the last time i played (damn you, steve!), but i got to thinking about the kinds of decisions we make about how we live our lives.
could you make a list like this about why poker says you should eat flamin’ hot cheetos and watch nextflix marathons? probably. but that’s not my jam, so. . . so, without further ado:
Eight Reasons Why Getting Healthy is Like Poker: A Listicle
- if you don’t buy in, you can’t play.
- if you want a big payoff, you have to go all in when it counts.
- taking tiny little risks over and over without seeing them through will eventually bleed you dry.
- if a strategy doesn’t work for you, try another.
- sometimes things don’t go your way. adapt and move on.
- momentum matters. when you win a few hands, that big stack makes it easier to win next time.
- figure out your tells. . . they’re telling other people what you are thinking. do you know yourself?
- enjoy yourself! this is cards, not crossfit!
so pick one that resonates with you and give it some thought! then go win some money. winner buys (vegan) pizza!